We are so excited to announce we were able to secure 5 Hall of Fame Jockeys to sign autographs at the 26th running of the 2011 Maryland Million races at Laurel Park on Saturday October 1st. We just missed nailing Ronnie Turcotte for the event also due to some recent health related issues.
With a lot of ups and downs and a near miss on having the event canceled due to some logistical challenges in getting everyone here, it all came together at the finish line. They'll be signing autographs from 2:30 to 5:00 in the grandstand.
Here's the lineup;
- Jean Cruguet – winner of the 1977 Triple Crown aboard Seattle Slew
- Steve Cauthen – winner of the 1978 Triple Crown about Affirmed
- Laffit Pincay – winner of 9,530 races and the winningest (now second) Jockey in history
- Angel Cordero – winner of 7,076 races including 6 different Triple Crown races
- Pat Day – winner of 8,804 races including 9 different Triple Crown races and an amazing 12 Breeders Cup races
You can read more about the event in the Baltimore Sun. You will also find your truly there enjoying time with the guys as I don't get to see them often. Don
Update: we've heard rumors that Jacinto Vasquez might be there also for undisclosed reasons.